The Cambridge University German Society was founded in 1908 and consists of students who share a common interest in German society, culture, and history. We aim to encourage intercultural discussions by providing a platform for mutual exchange for both Germans and non-Germans. Our Society welcomes members of all nationalities. We regularly organise talks, exchanges with other societies, and social events.
Giulia Bollen Gandolfo
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at the following email address: committee [at] germansociety [dot] org [dot] uk
- 1818.February.SundayNo events
- 1919.February.MondayNo events
- 2020.February.TuesdayNo events
- 2121.February.WednesdayNo events
The Cambridge University German Society invites members and friends to its conversation classes of Lent Term.
You will have the opportunity to practice and improve your German with DAAD Lektor Alexander Bleistein.
Entrance level for conversation should be B1.
Dates for lessons so far:
VENUE: Room 207 Raised Faculty Building, Sidgwick Site
The lessons are free for German Society members.
Please bring £3 per lesson if you are not a member.
- 2323.February.FridayNo events
- 2424.February.SaturdayNo events
Our membership fee is £15 and membership is lifelong. Members’ benefits include:
- Priority for our Formal Dinners
- Exclusive Member Formals
- Exclusive private dinners with our speakers
- Priority for our most successful events (including Formal Swaps, Christmas Feast, Oktoberfest, exclusive trips, Society Exchange with the German Societies in Oxford and London etc.)
- Sponsor Events
- Free film nights
- Reduced prices at our language classes
- and more!