The Cambridge University German Society was founded in 1908 and consists of students who share a common interest in German society, culture, and history. We aim to encourage intercultural discussions by providing a platform for mutual exchange for both Germans and non-Germans. Our Society welcomes members of all nationalities. We regularly organise talks, exchanges with other societies, and social events.
Giulia Bollen Gandolfo
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at the following email address: committee [at] germansociety [dot] org [dot] uk
- 1111.March.SundayNo events
- 1212.March.MondayNo events
- 1313.March.TuesdayVictoria Ave, Cambridge CB5 8DH, UKhttp://germansociety.org.uk/event/formal-swap-with-german-and-dutch-societies/Victoria Ave, Cambridge CB5 8DH, UK
Come join the German and Dutch Societies for a Formal Swap at Jesus College! Let’s mingle and make some new friends! 🙂
More details regarding how to sign up for tickets will be sent out by your respective society, so keep your eyes peeled!
We look forward to seeing you there!
We are going to hold our AGM and committee elections on Wednesday, 14 March.
Come and run for one of our committee positions (listed below) and come even if you don’t want to join the committee but you would like to vote, make suggestions for events/activities we can organise in the coming year or suggest changes to how the society is run. Every CUGS member can vote and any current member of the university can run for a position.
This is your chance to become involved in one of the largest societies in Cambridge.
The committee positions available are:
– President (has to have served on the committee before)
– Speaker’s Officer
– Membership Officer
– Sponsorship Officer
– Social Officer
– Events Officer
– Swaps Officer
– IT Officer
If you have any questions regarding the elections or a specific role, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
g.uk or speak to any of the current members of the committee. There will also be a Stammtisch coming up next Wednesday, 7th March, where you can ask the current committee all the questions you might have.
If you want to apply for one of the positions available, you would have to send your manifesto to email@example.com
g.uk until Sunday, 11th March.
We are very much looking forward to seeing you all at the AGM, more details to follow!
- 1515.March.ThursdayNo events
- 1616.March.FridayNo events
- 1717.March.SaturdayNo events
Our membership fee is £15 and membership is lifelong. Members’ benefits include:
- Priority for our Formal Dinners
- Exclusive Member Formals
- Exclusive private dinners with our speakers
- Priority for our most successful events (including Formal Swaps, Christmas Feast, Oktoberfest, exclusive trips, Society Exchange with the German Societies in Oxford and London etc.)
- Sponsor Events
- Free film nights
- Reduced prices at our language classes
- and more!